You’re dragging your feet on adding video into your social media plan, aren’t you? We get it. It can be hard and even intimidating to put yourself out there in video form. But it’s time to summon up courage and introduce it to your pages, because, as you’ll see below, video is no longer an up-and-coming social media element. In fact, it may make a huge difference in your marketing.
According to sites like Blue Corona and Hubspot, “video content isn’t just effective — the demand for it is growing at an impressively rapid pace.” They took a look at 250,000 videos from over 500 businesses to discover the impact on video for business. Here are some statistics to note:
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- 86% of marketing videos are viewed on desktop computers, while 14% are viewed on mobile devices
- The businesses reviewed posted an average of 18 videos per month!
- 85% of businesses that use video have an employee or team dedicated to in-house video production
- 56% of videos companies are producing are less than 2 minutes long
- On average, videos retain 37% of viewers
- By 2019, video will account for 80% of global internet traffic, and 85% in the US
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without
- 55% of people consume videos thoroughly — the highest amount all types of content
- 82% of of B2C businesses report that video has become their most popular content marketing tactic
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily
So, what do you think? Are these numbers enough for you to make video a bigger priority in your marketing strategy?